Competitions are only open to current West Lothian Housing Partnership tenants.
If you’d like to enter the photography competition, we recommend you read the following terms and conditions.
- the promoter is Wheatley Group;
- there is no entry fee and no purchase is necessary to enter this competition;
- all information detailing how to enter this competition forms part of the terms and conditions; and
- by entering this competition, you are agreeing to be bound by these terms and conditions.
How to enter
The closing date for entries is 11.59 am (BST) on Monday, 2 August 2021. Late, incomplete or corrupt entries will not be accepted.
Please send images to the West Lothian Housing Partnership (WLHP) Facebook page by private message. Please include the following details:
- your name, age and a valid email address;
- an image;
- a few words telling us the story behind the photo- including but not restricted to what has been captured, what inspired the photo and why you chose this image; and
- the name you are happy to be made public if you are picked as a winner. First names will be used only.
We are committed to protecting your personal data. For information on how we do this, see our privacy notices.
Entries will be shortlisted by representatives at WLHP. Ten shortlisted entries will be posted on WLHP Facebook on Monday 2 August, and the image with the most likes by 6 August will win.
Terms and Conditions
- the competition is open to WLHP tenants only. One entry per household;
- competitions are not open to WLHPemployees; and
- The competition is open to all ages, however entrants under 18 must have their parent or legal guardian’s permission to enter. Entrants under 18 must supply their name, age and a valid email address for their parent or legal guardian.; and
- entries must not include identifiable individuals or children; and
- entries should not feature anything offensive, abusive or deemed inappropriate by the shortlisting panel; and
- participants warrant that no animals depicted in their entries were harmed in the taking of the photographs; and
- entries should not exceed file size of 10mb, and should be submitted in png or jpeg format; and
- entries should be submitted via private message to our Facebook page.
Judging, notification and prizes
All valid entries made before the competition closing date will be judged as follows:
- shortlisted photos will be selected by WLHP representatives;
- the shortlisted photos will be scored by staff on the basis of a) originality and creativity b) execution;
- ten shortlisted images will be uploaded to our Facebook page by 3 August;
- winners will be selected based on the number of likes their image has received by Friday 6 August;
- winners will be notified by direct message within seven working days of the competition closing date;
- winners must confirm acceptance of their prize within seven days of being notified by WLHP and must provide a postal address for the vouchers to be sent to;
- if WLHP does not receive confirmation of prize acceptance within seven days it reserves the right to disqualify the entrant and select another prize winner;
- the prizes are as stated for each category and are not transferable. No cash alternative to the prizes will be offered. Prizes are subject to availability and WLHP reserves the right to substitute any prize with a reasonable alternative without giving notice;
- the promoter’s decision in the respect of all matters to do with the competition will be final and no correspondence will be entered into;
- the winners will be announced on the WLHP Facebook page on Monday 9 August; and
- the prizes are £20 shopping vouchers.
Rights and ownership
- all images submitted must be the work of the individual submitting them, and entrants must have full copyright for any images they submit; and
- entrants retain the copyright to images submitted; and
- GHA may use images to promote the competition on its social media channels.
Data Protection and Privacy
- the promoter reserves the right to cancel or amend the competition and these terms and conditions without notice due to any event outside of the promoter’s control; and
- any changes to the competition will be notified to entrants as soon as possible by the promoter.